We at Flying Kiwi parasail are proud of the fact that we operate in an area that was the first point of contact between the two cultures of Maori and European, this relationship culminating in the birth of modern Aotearoa by the signing of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
It is fitting therefore that Flying Kiwi carries on this legacy, through the tourism industry, by introducing international and domestic travellers alike to Aotearoa, Waitangi and the Bay of Islands from the air and from the ocean.
This is done holistically through the ability of our staff to articulate our rich history to our customers in a friendly and informative way. When wind permits we fly in the vicinity of the treaty grounds giving our patrons a unique and exciting view of the Waitangi Treaty grounds.
We treat Moana (Ocean) and all creatures within it with great Manaakitanga (kindness and respect) as that is our duty as the Kaitiakitanga (guardians) of this earth.
He aha te mea nui o te ao
What is the most important thing in the world?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people
Our Environmental & sustainable commitment
We recognize that protecting the environment today is essential to creating a sustainable tomorrow.
Flying Kiwi Parasail is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and customers and to minimize our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. In order to do so we will:
- Support local wildlife and cleanup projects.
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables
- Recycle oil
- Water blast/clean boats where there is a containment facility
- Recycle any potential rubbish left on board our vessels
- Where possible use local businesses for printing/embroidering apparel and media
- When possible source our supplies locally
- We upgrade our engine every two years to the latest Volvo diesel engines that have better emission systems.
- Our Parasail skippers are trained in a way to utilize the wind to their advantage so that is to reduce the boat’s engine speed therefore saving fuel.